Garmin Colorado 400t Updates
It looks like Garmin listened to the complaints from the Colorado 400t early adopters, and made some crucial changes to the latest 2.40 version of its software. Here is a list of things they have changed/fixed/added:
- Improved acquisition time in certain circumstances.
- Improved power on time.
- Improved backlight support.
- Improved support for NiMH batteries.
- Improved Wherigo player.
- Added ability to show and review geocaches on the map.
- Added ability to log geocaches as found.
- Increased maximum geocache count to 2000.
- Added support for BlueChart currents.
- Added ability to view extended information for custom POI’s.
- Added ability for turn preview beep to reset the backlight timeout.
- Corrected map to display road labels.
- Corrected map to display small towns.
- Corrected map to not change orientation when beginning pan mode.
- Corrected metric nautical setting to display appropriate map scale.
- Support for Colorado Field Notes, at geocaching.com.
If Garmin continue in this very positive direction, I think they’ll have a hit on on their hands! Great work, Garmin, for listening to your customers!